You must have a healthy THYROID to have healthy hormones and metabolism, and for your cardiovascular system to be healthy. If you are over 40 or nearing menopause then be aware you need to have a healthy thyroid and adrenals to have a symptom free and healthy perimenopause and menopause. Women are more prone to thyroid conditions as they age. If your hormones are out of balance and/or if you have a difficult menstrual cycle, or are starting to put on weight , feel tired as you age, or are struggling with your hormonal issues through yours 30’s 40’s and 50’s…. then please consider looking after your thyroid…..it is such an important gland to be aware of and nourish for your hormones to be in balance ( along with your very important adrenal glands ) and for your overall health.
If you want a healthy thyroid …. You need to
· Have a healthy gut
· Have a healthy liver
· Have healthy adrenals
· Have a good nights sleep
· Eat healthy food
· Drink clean alkaline water with no fluoride or chlorine
And just as importantly you need to look at what can be causing the thyroid to not be functioning properly.
TOP 10 THING YOU MUST AVOID FOR A HEALTHY THYROID
1. HORMONES- in food such as dairy products, eggs and meats containing hormones
2. BAD FATS- Foods high in inflammatory fats (ie- fried, processed fats, margarines )
3. UFILTERED TAP WATER – fluoride and chlorine in water and traces of heavy metals
4. MEDICATIONS – antidepressants and hormone replacement therapy including the oral contraceptive pill
5. CHEMICALS AND TOXINS -Parabens and Phthalates in skin care, Chemicals in cleaning products and household products, fly sprays , pesticides, preservatives in foods
6. ENDOCRINE DISRUPTORS – BPA, Phthalates and other endocrine disruptors in plastics, parabens and phthalates in skincare
7. GOITRAGENIC FOODS – Too many foods high in goitrogens IE;-unfermented soy, uncooked kale, cabbage and Brussel sprouts.
8. STRESS and negative emotions
9. HEAVY METALS – from pesticides, insecticides, light globes amalgam fillings, car fumes and industrial fumes.
10 . POOR GUT AND LIVER HEALTH – function both affect thyroid function
If you would like to know more, please check out my video here